Pages

Saturday, January 9, 2010

It's been forever . . .




or at least it seems like it.  The last few weeks have been really busy ones for me.  I spent the end of the year into the new year in California visiting family and while it was great to see everyone, being away from my creative space for that long just about killed me. There was still fun to be had.  Here are a couple of highlights from our trip:
Disneyland-
a family shot inside the Indiana Jones ride


and my favorite shot of the day; my kiddos-


Las Vegas -We took a road trip and two hours in I was really wishing I had brought my art journal for that one; definitely an eventful trip!)




Now that I am back home, I am really anxious to jump back into my art and am hoping to find not only the time but some direction, as well.  My mind is fluttering with so many ideas, I can't seem to decide which way to go, so I thought a little digital altered challenge would be a good place to start.
For this week's Altered Artspiration Challenge (#40 to be specific, by my ever fabulous friend, Tangie Baxter):

I call her  . . .
Miss Rita Sembold (a little play on words; teehee)

And for those not yet aware:




Scrap Artist has really become a site where us altered folks can really feel at home. Some of my favorite altered designers to check out: Christine Honsinger, Sherrie JD, Jodie Patterson aka Gypsy Chick, Pixel Works and Nancie Rowe Janitz



 If you haven't yet checked out the new monthly Altered Hearts zine and/or the Altered Artists Workshops, you definitely should.  Check out the blog for details.


And now I'm off to work up something for Art Creation Fridays; I'm a whole day and half late!

3 comments:

Terri Kahrs said...

Looks like you've had a wonderful Holiday and a great time in Disneyland. I know what you mean about the lack of 'art time'. It drove me crazy!!! LOVE Miss Rita! Hugs, Terri

Anonymous said...

Hey artsy friend! I've got something for you on my blog ;-)
http://sixtyeight.wordpress.com/2010/01/14/blog-award/

Anonymous said...

Hi Amber... Glad you are back from your trip and that you had a fun time... I laughed when I read your comment about not being around your art space and that it about killed you!!! I feel the same way. Then I laughed again because I gave you a blog award also and see that you have one already! Small world hee... hee... Look forward to seeing more of your gorgeous work. I have a new post on my blog and started art journaling again and it feels so good to get back to my artistic "Roots" I think it is leading me on a wonderful path :)

((hugs))

Dawn