Pages

Wednesday, December 9, 2009

aRt JouRnAL time!

I have really been focusing on creating some pages for my Art Journal as of late. Been in a "journaley" mood lately, I suppose. My latest is actually a very personal page and a year ago I probably wouldn't have had to guts to share it but the emotional courage it takes to create such a page also provides a sort of emotional liberation. Thank goodness for altered art therapy! I don't know how I get through some days without this creative outlet.
And besides, a kit like this makes it so easy!!


Check out Fiddlette's newest: Art Journal Collection One by Christine Honsinger

Here's what I was inspired to do with it:

I have struggled for a long time with feelings of inadequacy because of situations I’ve experienced in my life and this song has always somehow had meaning for me throughout many different periods of my life. I thought it was about time I expressed that in an Art Journal page.



Journaling reads:
How long before you screw it up?
How many times do I have to tell you to hurry up? With everything I do for you The least you can do is keep quiet Be a good girl You've gotta try a little harder That simply wasn't good enough What's the problem... why are you crying? We love you just the way you are
if you're PERFECT


-“Perfect” by Alanis Morissette



For full credits, see my Scrap Artist gallery here.



1 comment:

Tolegranny said...

I am fascinated with journals these days. These pages are so cute. I love the Zetti look.